Friday, February 1, 2013

Striking Gold

NEWS

1.  I HAVE A SECOND JOB! AT CHIPOTLE! THE SECOND HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
2.  I HAVE AN APARTMENT NOW
3.  BEING AN ADULT IS TIRING
4.  MOUNTAIN DEW IS HERE TO HELP

But in all seriousness, I've done so much in the last week that we're all pretty lucky I'm still awake at 8:57 pm on a Friday night.  Having two jobs hasn't affected me quite yet, but once I get a set schedule at Chipotle I'll get one at Disneyland too so I can maximize my hours and avoid pawning shifts off on newer cast members desperate for hours like I had to this week.  Elena and I don't move into our new apartment until February 19th, so I don't have to worry about that quite yet, but we toured at least 7 miniature hell-holes this last week before we stumbled upon this beautiful little gift from God.  Recently remodeled, two bedrooms, fireplace, walk-in closet, gated complex, free breakfast on Saturdays, $1165 a month?  Yes please.
My best friend Audrey taught me last year that lifting your feet off the floor of your car when you drive over railroad tracks is good luck.  Or maybe it's that not lifting your feet is bad luck.  Either way, there are 4 sets of railroad tracks on the way to my boyfriend's house, and I've been lifting my feet every single time.
I think it's paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment