Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward:
- Discovering a Code U (yes, urine) on my loading deck after launching a flight.  Even worse, still 85% sure everyone I grouped in that line was an adult.
- Riding Indiana Jones three times in a row before it closes for 3 months and the cast members there beginning to call me by name.
- Crying during the "Baby Mine" song in our fireworks show, when Dumbo flies across the sky like Tinkerbell, and trying really hard to hide it.  Pretty sure anyone in my family knows why that made me so emotional.
- The at least 4 different pronunciations of my name I have heard from guests so far.  Maybe I should get a new nametag that spells it phonetically?
- Riding in the front seat on Splash Mountain at 9:30 pm.  Pneumonia is not glamorous.

Awesome:
- Getting a kiss on the hand from JJ, a kid who has down sydnrome and visits Disneyland at least five days a week.  It was his 20th birthday.
- Feeling my first earthquake!  It was a 4.1, and we had to evacuate the entire building, on my first day.  Southern California rocks.
- 3 cheese monte cristos from Cafe Orleans.  Still in heaven.
- Proposal Story #1 (labeled as such because I'm sure I'll have more): my roommate and I watched the fireworks show from Fantasyland last night (which I don't recommend; you can't hear most of the music, and you get whiplash from trying to watch both the fireworks behind Toontown and the fireworks coming off the castle itself).  After the show, we wanted to walk through the castle but they don't reopen it for 15 minutes afterwards because of pyrotechnic fallout, so I convinced her to ride Casey Jr. with me to kill some time.  While we were circling the Storybook Land canals, I noticed one boat with only two people in it, plus their skipper.  We passed out of their sight for about a minute, and when we came back around to Cinderella's castle, the man was on one knee in the boat, proposing to his girlfriend, who was crying and smiling.  Pretty safe to say that was my highlight of the week.  When we passed them once again, the whole train cheered.
- Deciding after leaving the park at 11:30 pm that we were in need of cupcakes, thus driving 40 miles to the original Sprinkles in Beverly Hills.  They have a CUPCAKE ATM, you guys.  It's open 24 hours.  You choose your cupcake and swipe your card and you watch the machine retrieve it and open to give you a little pink and brown box.  I am now forseeing the majority of my earnings going towards gas in my truck, because this pretty much changes everything.
- Passing my performance assessment!  Which means I am now an official cast member on Star Tours!

No comments:

Post a Comment