Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grateful

Every year for the past 5 years around Thanksgiving, I've made a list of 50 things that I am truly, madly, deeply grateful for.  Things that are unique to me, tender little mercies that I can tend to forget about in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.  I find that it's these little things that really make life worthwhile.  I would suggest making your own list and sharing it with those closest to you.  For the first time ever, I'm sharing mine.

1. Christmas lights
2. New guitar strings
3. The nearest Chipotle
4. Earplugs on weekend nights
5. Second chances
6. Walt Disney
7. People that let me pet their dogs
8. Farmers markets
9. Modern Family
10. Ghiradelli hot chocolate
11. Full gas tanks
12. Comfortable high heels
13. Family photo albums
14. Down comforters
15. iPhone maps app
16. Warm towels straight from the dryer
17. Restaurants that remember to leave the onions off
18. Letting go
19. Pinterest wedding boards
20. Head massages
21. Boys' sweatshirts
22. Beach bonfires
23. Waterproof mascara
24. Sundays I get to go to church
25. Taylor Swift music videos
26. Days with no traffic on the 5
27. Unbelievably cheap Jack in the Box tacos
28. Undiscovered tidepools
29. Little black dresses
30. Egg nog
31. Andrew Lloyd Webber
32. Forgiveness
33. Sleep without nightmares
34. Buses that come on time
35. Nights when you can see the stars
36. Wildflowers
37. Good advice
38. Fireworks
39. Elton John
40. Adventures at D.I.
41. Nonjudgmental friends
42. Magic
43. Family games of nubs
44. Long, quiet evening walks
45. Handwritten letters
46. Sleeping in
47. Beach cruisers
48. Visiting the snow but not actually having to live in it
49. Clean sheets
50. Love.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment