Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"I've never felt so lost. I've never felt so much at home."

I envy the kids who know what they're doing with their lives.  The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of indecision and uncertainty.  I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket, but I have to admit, I kind of did this time. 

I did a character audition for Disneyland Paris three weeks ago and it went splendidly.  When the auditions started, there were 125 hopefuls.  At the end of the final cut, there were only 18, and I was one of them.  Needless to say, I was ecstatic.  Who doesn't dream of being a Disney princess or Mickey Mouse?  We were told we would be contacted mid-October after Paris took inventory of which characters they needed.  I didn't expect to get another callback, and I didn't.  While I wasn't hugely shocked or disappointed, this did blow my cop-out plan out of the water.

So here I am, wondering what to do next.  I haven't even decided on a major.  Do I go back to Modesto after my program is over?  Do I stay with Disney for another six months and then go back to school?  Do I transfer schools and stay in Southern California?  Are any of these plans even halfway feasible?

All I know is that right now, I love where I am.  I love my job.  I love my family and I love all the good friends I'm making here.  I wish I could stay here forever.  I'll figure something out.

Besides, I don't speak French.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.

    Universal Studios Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete